This article will describe in detail the process of earning TON Crystal by creating any training courses on the freeton.academy platform. If you know how and practice something, then you can tell about it. Courses are accepted on any topic (of course, if they are close to the Free TON project, then for such a course you will receive a higher grade, and therefore larger winnings. And so, let’s go…
// Prologue //
Today, June 18, contests were uploaded to the blockchain for voting and, apparently, will be accepted, which means that they will start on June 21 and it will be possible to apply for participation. The essence of the contests is simple: create a useful course, support it and get TON Crystal for it.
Why there are 2 contests?
- The first contest accepts applications for courses set out in English only.
- The second contest accepts applications for courses in all languages other than English.
There is also such a moment that the contests will be held in 3 stages.
What does it mean?
You can apply for participation in the contest with the hope of getting a reward for it in each of the three stages. Each stage lasts 1.5 months: 30 days to apply for participation + 15 days to vote.
The first stage will begin on June 21 and the application process will last until July 21, followed by 15 days to vote.
The second stage will begin on August 5 and the application process will last until September 5, followed by 15 days to vote.
The third stage will start on September 20 and the application process will last until October 20, then there will be 15 days to vote…
First of all, it is important to take into account all the criteria by which your application will be evaluated:
- Your course consists of text – 0.7 points
- Your course consists of videos – 1.2 points
- Your course consists of both text and from video – 1.5 points
- Your course includes surveys on the topics of your course – 1 points
- You provide online support for students – 2 points
- Your course has tracking – 1 points
The actual length of time your students take your course is also very important:
- less than 1 day – coef. 70
- from 1 to 7 days – coef. 100
- from 7 to 28 days – coef. 120
- 28 and more – coef. 150
How this scheme works:
For example, you have created a course. Your course has both text and video. (for this you will receive 1.5 points). After each topic, you created a survey (5 to 10 questions with answers). (for this you will receive 1 points). And also provide online support for your students. (for this you will receive 2 points). All this needs to be summed up. As a result, we get 1.5 + 1 + 2 = 5.5 points.
Now 5.5 needs to be multiplied by your course duration factor. For example, your students take 15 days to complete the course. According to the scheme above, a coefficient of 120 is valid from 7 to 28 days.
So, you need to multiply 5.5 by 120 = 660.
But that’s not all! These are only the points earned for the course, according to the technical criteria. Now it’s up to the jury. They will evaluate your soft-skills, namely: design, presentation, accuracy and so on. You can familiarize yourself with all the soft criteria yourself by following the link.
Depending on the average score of the jury members, your final remuneration will depend.
If, according to technical criteria, you scored 660 points, and the jury gave you points and the average was 8.4, then 660 x 8.4 = 5544 TON Crystal.
Yes, that’s how simple it is! And the most interesting thing is that you can send the same course at all stages if you provide support, supplement it and support the product itself, that is, the course.
Course creation process:
Course creation process:
- Think of a topic on which you want to write a course.
- Divide the topic into several lessons (preferably 5 or more)
- In Google Doc or in Word, you can write your course according to your plan.
- Register at freeton.academy and start filling out the course with your materials.
- When the opportunity to apply for the course opens (from June 21), you can contact the contest administrators and request the publication of your course on the site (yes, initially you edit your course as a draft and you can publish it when it is ready)
- When you upload your course, design and request publication from administrators, you can invite students to take your course. In other words, you need to advertise it. This is how you will understand the actual duration of your course. When you find out, you can apply for the contest.
- Apply here: https://academy.gov.freeton.org/
- That’s it, now wait for the application to be closed and the end of voting. Rewards must be paid within a week after the results are summed up.
We wish you every success!